There is a saying, “the eyes are the window to the soul.” As you enter this web site we hope you will discover more than “what time does church start?” and “who is on nursery duty?” We invite you to look deeper into the mystery, intrigue, and even treasures that define Maranatha Christian Reformed Church. We hope you will explore the relationships that make up this place. And most importantly, perhaps you will uncover the heart and soul of a church that connects people to Him.
Come and See!
Len Riemersma - Pastor
Celebrate Easter with the Congregation at Maranatha!
- Come worship with us on Palm Sunday, April 13th at 10am. There will be no 6:30pm service on this date.
- Join for a special Maundy Thursday Service on Thursday, April 17 at 6:30pm. Pastor Len will lead this service and we will celebrate communion together with congregations of Maranatha and Rehoboth and the Bowmanville Friendship Club. Refreshments will be served afterwards.
- Come hear the account of the crucifiction as presented in the dramatic reading of "From Despair to Praise" on Good Friday, April 18th at 10am.
- Celebrate that He is Risen! Join us on Easter Sunday at 10am as we celebrate Christ's resurrection on Easter. There will be no 6:30pm service on this date.
|Maranatha is Seeking a Worship Co-ordinator! |
Maranatha CRC Bowmanville is a 200 member, intergenerational, music loving church seeking an energetic, organized part time Worship Coordinator for August 2014. To view a complete job description and list of responsibilities and qualifications please click on the link below. Applications will be received until March 28th 2014. If interested or for questions please contact us at:
or call 1-905-623-3363.
Joanne’s House is the only shelter for Homeless Youth in Durham. It is located at 82 Kings Crescent, Ajax, Ontario. As a congregation, we would like to support this great organization by collecting clothes and other items. The following is a list of needs:
- Gently used clothes such as slippers, t-shirts, pajama pants, sweaters.
- Winter seasonal items such as coats, hats, scarves, gloves, boots.
- New dark-coloured socks and new men's and women's underwear.
- New and unused toiletries such as: travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant (male and female), body soap/gel, hair products (gel, etc.), hair brushes/combs, travel sized Q tips, chap stick.
- Sanitary items such as hand sanitizer, kleenex, paper towel, toilet paper.
- Bed linens, sleeping bags, comforters.
- Utensils such as knives, forks, spoons, etc., plastic cups
- "Behaviour modification" items i.e. gift cards in small denominations (Tim Hortons, McDonalds, etc.)
Collection of winter items continues till February and the collection of all other items are an on-going need. A collection bin is located in the Fellowship Hall of the church. Please help make a difference in a young person's life by providing the necessities of life.
Thanks for your support of Joanne’s House in Ajax www.durhamyouth.com
Regular Service Times:
Sunday Worship - 10AM and 6:30PM
Summer Service Times:
Canada Day till Labour Day
Sunday Worship - 10AM only
Maranatha Christian Reformed Church is handicapped accessible.
The Maranatha Chrisitan Reformed Church Office Hours year round are as follows:
MONDAY - CLOSED
TUESDAY - 9am to 1pm
WEDNESDAY - 9am to 3pm
THURSDAY - 9am to 3pm
FRIDAY - 9am to 1pm
Office Tel. No.: 905-623-2192
|Weekly Bulletins and Other Information |
The Maranatha Weekly Bulletin and Newsletter, Orders of Worship, Monthly Schedules, and other information of interest and note to our congregation members and regular worshippers can be found in the Member Login section of this Website. Click on the "Member Login" icon located on the top, right hand section of this page and enter the User Name and Password. If you have forgotten the User Name and the Password, please contact the church office during regular office hours.